Covid -19 Visitor Guide
We are delighted to announce that the Himalayan Garden and Sculpture Park is open until the 1st of November (Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 4pm).
We are certified as part of the “We’re Good To Go – Visit England Scheme” which certifies that the required actions have been implemented to welcome visitors in line with Government and Public Health Guidelines.
The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is always our number one priority. To reopen we need all visitors to follow and keep to our social distancing rules. Visitors must pre-purchase tickets online for a specific day. Tickets can be purchased up to two weeks in advance https://www.himalayangarden.com/visitor-information/admissions-tickets/
We are limiting visitor numbers to maintain social distancing. Season ticket holders may visit anytime. Our Plant Nursery will remain closed for the time being.
The Tearoom is open, serving a selection of freshly made sandwiches, hot and cold drinks, delicious cakes, tray bakes and treats to be eaten outside. Our beautiful new refreshment trailer will be open during the weekends (Saturday and Sunday), serving tea, coffee and soft drinks, as well as delicious Brymor ice cream and sweet treats. Located in the heart of the garden near the Contemplation circle to ensure that social distancing measures are adhered to, serving visitors the refreshments we know they enjoy, in an open, beautiful space.
What to expect when you arrive
To open the gardens and parkland safely, we are putting important measures in place across the attraction:
- We have created a separate pedestrian entry and exit for the car park to avoid crossing paths.
- Social distancing measures have been set up with 2 metre-queuing points guiding visitors from the car park to the entrance.
- We are also encouraging visitors to use our hand-sanitising stations on arrival and departure.
- When you arrive at our Ticket Office, the ticket scanner is on a post outside. Once your ticket has been scanned you will be able to continue into the park and garden.
- Please keep left on the paths and follow the directional arrows. Observe No Entry signs.
Our toilets will remain open for visitors
Some important changes have been put in place to observe and maintain social distancing rules.
- All toilets are unisex, and the disabled persons toilet is available to all while giving disabled priority.
- Queue to left side using planters to indicate 2 metre distance.
- Only one person or family group in each room.
- Anti-bacterial soap is available, and we would encourage all visitors to wash their hands before and after.
The woodland playground is open
The following has been put in place as per Government guidance to observe and maintain social distancing rules.
Use hand sanitiser before and after use
Avoid touching your face / sucking fingers
No more than 1 family group on each station at any one time
Head clockwise around the playground
Always respect social distancing rules
No food or drink in the playground area
We have introduced additional hourly cleaning schedule to our usual routines, particularly focusing on door handles, toilets, surfaces, etc. Our staff have been provided with gloves and anti-bacterial gel, and where appropriate face masks. We have asked our staff to sanitise their hands regularly and particularly in between transactions. In the event of a first aid incident on site, our trained first aiders will respond wearing the recommended personal protection equipment of gloves and a face mask.
Normal terms and conditions apply to all visitors. Dogs must always be kept on a lead. Please do not bring in BBQs, picnics, light fires or use drones.
Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Himalayan Garden and Sculpture Park you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19
We are excited to welcome all visitors back to Himalayan Gardens and Sculpture Park and look forward to seeing you soon.